For Hari Raya Aidilfitri, AirAsia is going to be working overtime to ensure that your balik kampung journey is a smooth and safe one. This year, Hari Raya at AirAsia is going to be an extra special one with festive meals, extra balik kampung flights and fixed low fares.
Here’s some trivia on how you can make the most of Hari Raya with AirAsia!
1. Peak Period
The peak travelling period is from 24 May to 10 June 2019. So if you’re travelling during this period, make sure you get to the airport at least three hours before your flight.
An average of 50,000 guests are expected to depart from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2) each day over the festive period. That means that there are going to be a WHOLE LOT of people at the airport and queues are going to be massive. To avoid all these hassle, here’s some important stuff you need to know:
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your departure time for all AirAsia flights
- Use mobile, web or kiosk to check-in for a smoother journey. Mobile, web and kiosk check-in services are available 14 days and up to one hour prior to departure time for all AirAsia flights.
- Ensure that you arrive at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure. Please note that our gates close 20 minutes prior to time of departure.
- Guests departing from Senai International Airport in Johor Bahru, can use AirAsia Fast Airport Clearance Experience System (FACES), for a seamless check-in to aircraft experience. Register for free on the AirAsia Mobile App.
- Baggage Drop counters will close 60 minutes before departure time for all AirAsia flights at klia2. Besides the counters, guests may also use the Self Bag Drop machine which are available at airports across Malaysia
- Each guest is only allowed ONE piece of cabin baggage AND 1 small bag on board. The total permitted weight for TWO pieces of cabin bags must not exceed 7kilogrammes and should fit in the overhead compartment
3. Extra Seats
AirAsia has mounted 82,000 extra seats together with 45,000 extra seats for additional late night flights with fixed fares. This means that there is a total of 127,000 extra seats for the festive season this year.
If you’re travelling to the following destinations, be prepared for full flights. These are the 15 busiest destinations for the upcoming Raya holidays.
4. Top 5 Domestic Routes from Kuala Lumpur on AirAsia for Hari Raya 2019
- Alor Setar (AOR)
- Kota Bharu (KBR)
- Kuala Terengganu (TGG)
- Tawau (TWU)
- Sandakan (SDK)
5. Top 5 International Routes from Kuala Lumpur on AirAsia for Hari Raya 2019
- Bangkok (DMK)
- Chennai (MAA)
- Denpasar (DPS)
- Singapore (SIN)
- Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
6. Top 5 Routes from Kuala Lumpur on AirAsia X for Hari Raya 2019
- Hokkaido (CTS)
- Gold Coast (OOL)
- Taipei (TPE)
- Jeju (CJU)
- Fukuoka (FUK)
7. Fixed Low Fares for Hari Raya 2019
- Within Peninsular Malaysia – MYR99
- Peninsular Malaysia to Sarawak – MYR149
- Peninsular Malaysia to Sabah – MYR 199
8. Festive Meals on Board
Check out these two new dishes specially for the festive season:
Nasi Padang with Prawn Crackers – white rice, beef rendang, stir-fried cassava leaves, ikan bilis balado and green sambal. Served with crisp prawn crackers.
Burnt Cheesecake – smooth, creamy, mildly sweet with hints of lemon, this addictive dessert is completed with a scoop of airy whipped cream.
9. Pay With Ease
BigPay is a mobile app with a card providing an everyday alternative to banking. It’s the only card to offer ZERO processing fees on bookings on airasia.com! It also gives its users the REAL exchange rate when spending abroad. For more info, head to bigpayme.com
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!