The search for victims in the rubble of a collapsed building in southern Cambodia drew to a close Sunday with the final death toll at 36 - the latest tragedy in a string of deadly construction accidents. Cambodia Prime Minister Hun Sen, said 23 people had been pulled alive from the rubble of the seven-storey hotel, which crumpled to the ground in seaside Kep on Friday afternoon.On Sunday rescuers also managed to free a dog trapped in the debris."This is yet another tragedy,"
Four people were killed and more than a dozen injured when a seven-storey building under construction collapsed in southern Cambodia on Friday trapping workers under the rubble, an official said, as the search for more victims went into the night.The building in coastal Kep province was meant to be a hotel but crumpled at around 4:30pm yesterday, with photos showing concrete floors sandwiched together as heavy machinery moved in to help clear the wreckage. Cambodian leader Hun Sen sa
Two men were pulled alive from the rubble of a collapsed Cambodian building on Monday, more than two days after a construction site accident that left at least 28 dead.Hopes that more survivors would be found under the debris had all but faded, but against the odds two people were cut free from the tangled wreckage and carried out alive."I heard the sound of rescuers, I called for help but they didn't hear me," Ros Sitha, one of the two found alive on Monday, said. &qu
Victims of a Cambodia building collapse were buried alive as they slept, a survivor said Sunday, as the death toll at the Chinese-owned site rose to 18 and hopes faded for finding more survivors. Tearful onlookers – among them relatives of the missing – waited into Sunday evening as diggers picked through the rubble of the seven-storey building, which was under construction at the time of the accident.The building came down before dawn on Saturday while workers slept."I'm s